Kreinik Flash In A Tube™ is a synthetic metallic material for adding sparkle and light reflection to the tails and wings of many flies. Kreinik Flash is unaffected by saltwater or epoxy finishes, yet is flexible enough to be mixed with marabou, enhancing its action in the water.
It is the one and only flash to use on the Kreelex Fly. Add strands to the tails of woolly buggers, bass bugs, poppers, eels, and leech patterns. Mix with bucktail in streamers. Single strands can be used as ribbing on nymphs and wet flies. Perfect in popular dry fly patterns. The white glow-in-the-dark can be used as a substitute for calftail in a Royal Trude, or as the wing post in a Parachute Adams. It’s like having a built-in strike indicator.
- Each package includes a clear plastic tube for ease in cutting and storing.
- Colors ending in a "L" such as 001L are holographic flat fibers and give a smoother finish and more metallic look.
- Colors ending in an "F" are glow-in-the-dark colors.
- Colors ending in a "T" are "transparent" flat fibers and give a greater pearlescent look.
- Colors ending in a "Z" are Holosheen fibers that are extreme metallic colors
- There are 250, 12" strands in each skein, folded over in the middle and bound with a tie.
- Unsupported means it is a single metallic strand, and does not have any extra nylon supporting threads (which are often used to add body)
- Size is 1/69"